Islands of Alliejen

Friday, June 16, 2006

Valkor

Valkor:

"So how did I end up here? Well, I guess I'll start from the beginning. Ever since I was young, I knew that I had quite a few talents. I was always considered hardy, quick, both fleet of foot and of the mind. I guess I was fortunate enough to have been apprenticed by a minor hedge wizard."

"One day, a bard came to my city and told a tale of the planes. He told of mountains that stretched so high that no man could ever reach the top in one lifetime. Cities so grand and majestic that they could only have been crafted by the gods themselves. He told me that even the prime material plane contained countless worlds, filled with creatures beyond imagination."

"The more I learned about the planes, the more I became convinced that true power, true enlightenment lay in understanding of the planes. The petty happenings on Alliejen paled in comparison to even the tiniest fraction of what took place in the multiverse."

"It didn't take long before I exhausted all the meager knowledge my city had to offer, and I needed to go to somewhere larger. I knew that Mota had the libraries and arcane guilds that I needed to continue my studies, and I resolved to head over there. Unfortunately,
I still had quite a few responsibilities left on my island, and the next transport ship was many months away. The only ship available was the Blessed Wind, a prison transport, so I concocted a plan that would solve both my problems at once."

"I had a good friend Kalen, who was a member of the guard, and had him 'arrest' me on the charges of larceny. More specifically, stealing 100 gold pieces worth of books -- the minimum required to be considered a felony. With the Blessed Wind already docked at port. It wasn't hard for Kalen to convince the magistrate that I was better off shipped off the island. I, of course, also had arranged for the evidence against me be conveniently misplaced (especially easy considering that there isn't any evidence against me), so that I would be promptly released after reaching the capital. I lastly had Kalen testify to the captain that I wasn't a threat, so that I would be allowed to keep my books and parchments. Kalen was a good friend, and I promised myself that I would repay his friendship as soon as I was able."

"So there I was, floating on a ship filled with cut-throats and murderers. I spent a few days arguing with a few of the brighter ones (or so I thought at the time, as now I see that I was wrong), trying to convince them why in the long run, it doesn't make sense to steal. I don't think I got through their thick skulls."

1 Comments:

At 3:19 AM, Blogger Neal said...

Good! 100xp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home