Islands of Alliejen

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Valkor

Valkor:
"...But unfortunately, the winds would not blow our way. We headed back to shore and decided to trek on foot. We found a curious cave along the way, filled with large numbers of centipedes. Jimoko, our monk, I believe, said that he heard water at the end of the tunnel. We weren't able to proceed too far, however, because the centipedes there were vicious, and quite dangerous. I made a note to return here one day. Clearly there was magic at work."

"We crossed the gorge at the middle of the island by tying a rope across, and we proceeded to the town of Seawell. We were immediately stopped by the guards, and were taken to the mayor for questioning. During the conversation, I must have let slip the fact that we discovered the keepers of the lighthouse dead, and we were hauled off to jail without trial or evidence. Some of our more belligerent party members tried to fight their way out, but were overpowered or quickly found and captured."

"After a few days, a quick trial took place. I explained exactly what happened, and it appears as if they believed me. We soon were given an offer that we couldn't refuse: if we were able to find out why the river was running dry, we would be free to go. I guess desperation is a powerful force."

"We set off right away, and followed the river uphill, toward the source. However, just as when we were setting up camp that evening, a group of huge bats approached. I guess I've seen much stranger things by now, but at the time, they were quite frightening. I quickly blasted several of them with a spray of bright colors (yes, you can laugh, I was also not as powerful back then compared to now). Though several of our members were seriously wounded in the melee, we managed to kill them."

"I was quite happy at this point, because with those distractions gone, I could finally get some time to pour over my books. I was really close to a breakthrough..."

1 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, Blogger Neal said...

Excellent! I'm curious to find out what knowledge Valkor will unlock with his "a-ha!" moment. 150 xp + 1 action point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home