Islands of Alliejen

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Valkor

Valkor:
"...by the very next morning, I finished scribing a new spell into my book, and a variation of one I could already cast."

"We continued up the mountain, hoping to find a path to the source of the river. Along the way, we came across a shimmering water-like creature. I immediately recognized it as a water elemental, though I didn't know what it was doing here on the material plane. By some strange twist of fate, Edmund knew how to speak aquan, the language of these beings. He approached and attempted to negotiate passage, but it appears as if the small elemental was not intelligent enough to understand. We tried to pass it, but it immediately attacked, lashing out with its watery appendages. I guess it really wasn't intelligent, attacking a group of adventurers all by itself. It didn't take long before the rest of the group rendered it into a puddle of water and we moved on. However, before we left, I noticed a small twinge of magic in the air, and I noticed that a small portal I hadn't seen before was closing fast. Strange...That means the elemental had to have been called, or binded, by some force."

"I tried to puzzle this out as we continued forward. How did someone bind these creatures here, and why? Are the just guardians as they appeared to be, or something else? I didn't take long before we encountered another one, and then another. These creatures seemed literally to be a fish out of water, I noticed, as the rest of the party turned them into piles of water with ease."

"We soon came across a cliff face, and there seemed to be no easy way up. However, I was surprised as Jimoko, the monk, took a running leap at the wall. After a few tried, he managed to leap what must have been seven or eight feet into the air and grab onto a ledge about 15 feet up. He dropped drown a rope, and we continued forward."

"It wasn't long before we encountered another elemental, this time a bit larger. We had Edmund negotiate with this one as well, but to no avail, and we attacked this one as well. We then came across another, and defeated that one as well. We finally came within sight of what must have been the source, but there was a large elemental in the way. I conjured up a mass of sticky webbings to impede its progress as the others blasted it from range. I noted that these creatures were called, not summoned, so destruction here on the material plane was final death. It was regrettable but necessary."

1 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger Neal said...

Good! 150 xp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home